Rogers Park News
Public group · 10,543 members
Join Group
Have discussions, and share stories and photos of Rogers Park.

Rogers Park's only Public facebook group

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Now Trending on Rogers Park in 1,000 Words



Rogers Park, Rogers Park blog, and even Broken Heart of Rogers Park searches land here at Rogers Park in 1,000 Words. Bonfire is also common due to the beach bonfire events that I host starting on March 20th of each year. What is interesting, are the two locations that popped this morning, 1705 W. Jonquil and the Farcroft building.




1705 W. Jonquil Terrace Chicago IL 60626 is a residential building built in 1928. This building is one of the many reported bed bug infestations. A report is as follows:

"This building is still infested!! I started getting bit the first night I moved in. For a month I didn't know what was biting me, until one night I woke up and saw one crawling on my pillow. The landlords tried to say that I had them already which I didn't according to neighbors they said the same thing to them. He came and sprayed himself but never called an exterminator. I talked to my alderman office and they confirmed that this building has had problem with bed bugs before an addition to this site. I wish I knew about this site before I moved in that building thankfully I didn't take any with me when I moved. It was a nightmare". - former resident





The Farcroft building is located at 1337 W. Fargo Avenue and is also a residential building built in 1928. Currently undergoing a renovation that began two years ago, the Farcroft is the northernmost highrise building in Chicago.

An interesting feature of the Farcroft are the various comic grotesques that decorate the lower floors, including relief carvings symbolizing human vices (vanity, gluttony, and greed), and a portly character proudly displaying himself as "The Owner".




#1   Rogers Park
#2   Broken Heart of Rogers Park
#3   bar b-que flyer
#4   bonfire
#5   Rogers Park blog
#6   Touhy Avenue Beach
#7   1705 W. Jonquil Chicago, IL. 60626
#8   Anne Sullivan
#9   Chicago Fire Department
#10 Farcroft Chicago, IL.

__________________________________________

No comments: