Rogers Park News
Public group · 10,543 members
Join Group
Have discussions, and share stories and photos of Rogers Park.

Rogers Park's only Public facebook group

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Physical Research of the Area

Feb 18 Bill Morton - Picasa - Public - Muted
http://picasaweb.google.com/BillMorton.RogersPark/RogersParkIn1000Words12
Rogers Park - Show map Lerner Hole.jpg

Bill Morton - This is a photo of the contaminated Lerner Hole in Rogers Park at Howard Street and Ashland. I wrote a story about it here: http://rp1000.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-time-to-revisit.html

Feb 18 RH - Thank you so much for this info. I live directly across the street from this hole. I was told that they would be building condos on this site.

Feb 25 Bill Morton - Tell me more! I am very interested in this.

Feb 25 RH - Well I really dont know any more than that lol. Thats what I was told by a few people including my landlord when I moved into the building. The only thing I have noticed is 2 or 3 dump trucks per day coming to dump dirt in the hole. They did it for a couple of months this past fall. Since the winter I have not seen the dump trucks, but this afternoon a flatbed cam and dropped off a bulldozer at the site. I can e-mail you a couple of pics I took today of the site if you want them. 3:47 pm

Bill Morton - I would love to check out your Lerner hole pics. 6:36 pm

RH - Here are the 2 photos I snapped this afternoon.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e267/ReganH22/DSC00544.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e267/ReganH22/DSC00545.jpg 11:09 pm

Stephanie Fitzgerald - RH, it says the photo has been removed. 11:11 pm

RH - It should be fixed now. Sorry. 11:11 pm

Stephanie Fitzgerald - Yes they are working, thanks for the photos! I think I can see Bill in the second one!! You gotta zoom in! 11:16 pm

Bill Morton - Very Awesome! Hopefully the one where you can see me, It was not when I slipped on the ice! I was seriously laughing at myself in this moment. 11:20 pm

No comments: