Rogers Park News
Public group · 10,543 members
Join Group
Have discussions, and share stories and photos of Rogers Park.

Rogers Park's only Public facebook group

Monday, February 18, 2013

Benefit for Rogers Park musician Edward Yeo


Raising living/convalescing expenses for Edward Yeo who is battling Throat Cancer


School of Rock is raising funds for music instructor and Rogers Park musician Edward Yeo who is battling Stage IV throat cancer.

School of Rock stated "Ed Yeo, one of our brilliant music instructors and an all-around thoughtful, hard-working and compassionate guy".

"Ed is dedicated to bringing up the next generation of artists and is committed to doing all that he can to keep our community thriving and creating. He will need our support to fight this disease and continue to rock".

Rogers Park guitarist and composer performing at Alhambra Cafe


Performing in Rogers Park over the years, represented by local radio promotion business, Bill Morton Promotions.. Edward graced Alhambra Cafe on Morse Avenue weekly as well as Charmers Cafe, The Parlor of Quest Network Services and the Lil Adler Ballroom at Sherwin on the Lake.

School of Rock is planning a Rock N Roll Benefit Show Featuring the Staff & Friends of the School of Rock including a Silent Auction and Bake Sale.

You can donate to support Edward Yeo at GiveForward.


performing at Charmers Cafe




performing at Sherwin on the Lake



performing at Quest Network Services



__________________________________________

1 comment:

Bill Morton said...


The benefit event for Edward Yeo was last night, and here is his response on facebook:

"I've lived a lot of years and until last night I thought "I've seen everything." Boy was I wrong. The benefit that Jennifer Malone and the staff at the School of Rock put on for me last night was a tour de force, it was alchemy and it was the pure magic of love unbounded. From the moment I stepped into The Ace Bar until I left Amy's party I was showered with concern and love from a packed room. Students and parents, teachers, highschool friends, Second city friends and the aministrative staff of School of Rock showed me in no uncertain terms that I have found the home I've been searching for most of my life. To quote Jimmy Steward in It's A Wonderful Life, "I'm the richest guy in town." And if that's not enough I had a front row seat to one of the best concerts, put on by the teachers and Ethan Samone, that I have seen in many years. The teachers played their hearts out and it was nice to see the students in the audience going wild as the teaches showed us why the School of Rock is so successful. Ethan and company walk the walk and talk the talk. I want to thank everyone for what you did for me last night. I'll never forget this. Meanwhile I'll get well and see you all back at the school in June.

Big Love and Bear Hugs

Ed