Monday, November 12, 2007

Apartment Decay Continues

Rogers Park
Rogers Park Rogers Park
Rogers Park slumlord continues to insist that it will fix itself when it dries.



The Toxicity of Lead Paint:

Although lead improves paint performance, it is a dangerous substance. It is especially damaging to children under age six whose bodies are still developing.

Lead causes nervous system damage, hearing loss, stunted growth, reduced IQ, and delayed development. It can cause kidney damage and affects every organ system of the body. It also is dangerous to adults, and can cause reproductive problems in adult men.

One myth related to lead-based paint is that the most common cause of poisoning was eating leaded paint chips. In fact, the most common pathway of childhood lead exposure is through ingestion of lead dust through normal hand-to-mouth contact during which children swallow lead dust dislodged from deteriorated paint or leaded dust generated during remodeling or painting. Lead dust from remodeling or deteriorated paint lands on the floor near where children play and can ingest it. -Wikipedia






Tags: , , , , ,

4 comments:

CuteNEvilGirl said...

I pay over 1300.00 a month for my apartment, not including utilities that I pay for.. my upstairs neighbor's water heater broke and I have gooey walls that have to dry... it is what it is.. if you don't like apartment living.. its called buying a home, taking on the responsibility yourself... Im sick of people whining about landlords when people in RP pay like 1/2 of what normal people pay. You get what you get.. you dont like it move, marry or save for a down payment.

Jocelyn said...

There might be lead in those paint chips. I'd keep kitty away from them.

Bill Morton said...

The tennant has tried very hard to keep the paint chips away from the kitty, but he keeps eating the fallen chips.

I sent samples to the lab for lead in the paint chips, and it tested positive for traces on the side that was against the old wall.

A brown gooey substance is also appearing on portions of the tennants ceiling.

Does anyone have an idea why this brown substance has appeared?

Bill Morton said...

CuteNEvilGirl,

It sounds like you have a slumlord too, AND your getting ripped off on rent.

Have you shopped around? You pay $1,300.00 a month rent and are not satisfied. What are you doing to change your situation for the better?