Friday, January 4, 2008

Fire at 7301 N. Sheridan Road - Witness Statement and First Photos

Rogers Park



Rogers Park





Rogers Park
"My name is Esteban Quintero and my so call friend Nigel William who's apartment that got on fire we went to get his coat for we can go to the library we went down stairs to get his coat he said that he smelled smoke then we saw the smoke coming from his door then I told him to run upstairs to tell my staff that his apartment is on fire then the staff opened the apartment and then we saw smoke all over his kitchen then I covered my face and went inside and try to open his room then I finally did and I saw pitch black smoke and got out of there and we ran outside and call 911 for they can come and stop it that's all my story and my friend blame for the fire I dont like that now his apartment is all burned up".

- Esteban Quintero on apartment fire:

Apartment 307
7301 N. Sheridan Road
Chicago, IL. 60626







Further questioning of Esteban Quintero provided the information that the fire was caused by an unattended cigarette. A Chicago Fire Fighter also stated the cause as a cigarette.







Rogers Park
Rogers ParkRogers Park Rogers ParkRogers ParkRogers ParkRogers ParkRogers ParkRogers Park
Rogers Park

Photos by Bill Morton and Tim Latko

See also:

Rogers Park high rise fire under control - Chicago Sun-Times

Local News Covers Fire in Rogers Park - The 'Broken Heart' of Rogers Park

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: